Budget Town Hall Meeting
Thank you for joining us on November 30 for a Budget Town Hall.
What is a Town Hall?
A Town Hall is a public meeting where citizens can come and voice their opinion on certain topics, outside of a formal Council meeting.
The Town Hall was held on Thursday, November 30 at 7 p.m. and provided an opportunity for the public to ask questions about the draft budget, and provide your feedback.
The meeting was interactive and webcast live. Participants were able to attend and provide feedback in person at City Hall, or from the comfort of your own home. Citizens could submit questions prior to the event, or in real-time during the event and then watch the webcast for the answers.
Ways to Participate
- In person - Attend the meeting at City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
- Facebook - Join our Facebook event and post your questions there
- Twitter - Submit your questions via Twitter using #VicTownHall
- Website - Submit your questions or comments using the online form
- By Phone - Once the meeting is underway, call us at 250.361.0327 and we'll transcribe your question for you. Please note this number is not monitored prior to or after the Town Hall.
Find Out More
- Read through the Budget Summary [PDF - 3.4 MB], a high level overview of the budget
- View the highlights in the four page Budget at a Glance [PDF - 1.1 MB]
- Or if you prefer, dive into the full Draft Financial Plan [PDF - 24.6 MB]
- Watch our explainer video on what a municipal budget is, and why it’s important to you
Go to Top