Our Bright Future: City of Victoria 2013 to 2015 Strategic Plan
The 2013-2015 Strategic Plan is the road map that will guide Council and staff towards our shared vision for the future - a plan to get us from where we are today to where we want to be as a city. This plan will ensure a continued focus on improving performance and results in four strategic areas, each with a set of goals and strategies, and key initiatives that translate those goals into specific actions.
View the 2013 to 2015 Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan Highlights
Our Mission is to:
- Make the City of Victoria a leader in social, economic and environmental sustainability
- Deliver quality services that are critical to the well-being and quality of life of Victorians
- Respect: We respect the dignity of others at all times.
- Integrity: We are fair, ethical and honest.
- Openness: We are accessible and transparent.
- Collaboration: We welcome the opinions and expertise of our citizens, businesses and partners.
- Inclusivity: We honour and celebrate our diversity.
- Compassion: We are caring and treat each other with kindness.
Four Strategic Areas:
- "Our City Government" focuses on Council decision-making and the organization's performance.
- "Our Community" concentrates on issues of livability and social well-being.
- "Our Economy" focuses on what is needed to encourage economic growth and vitality.
- "Our Environment" targets our ability to protect and sustain the natural and built environment and reduce our ecological impact.
Our Service Principles:
- Future oriented: We consider the needs of future generations when making decisions today.
- Open and Accountable: We listen, continually measure our performance and communicate the results.
- Responsive: We go the distance to provide easy access to information and services.
- Continuous Improvement: We embrace innovation, best practices, and continuous learning.
- Value for money: We strive to deliver high quality services and excellent value for your tax dollars.
Priorities for 2013 to 2015
- Enhance community well-being
- Improve financial sustainability
- Strengthen the economy
- Enhance customer service
- Foster informed and open decision-making