Looking for more information about a current initiative? These resources will provide background information to help answer any questions you may have.
- 3 Things for Canada: Imagine if every Canadian did three things for their neighbourhood, their nation, and their world this year. This would equate to more than 100 million acts of community building. To celebrate Canada’s 150th, Canadians are invited to give a gift of three things — three acts of service, large or small, to help their community. The City of Victoria is joining the 3 Things for Canada initiative to mark Canada’s 150th birthday this year.
- New #Biketoria Cycling Network: A 30 km network of protected bike lanes is currently being planned for Victoria. The proposed network will be within 400 metres of every school and half of all Victoria residences.
- Housing Strategy: Victoria is committed to improving housing affordability in the City. The Victoria Housing Strategy contains 26 ambitious actions the City will be taking to do this.
- Planning for the future of Crystal Pool: The Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre is now 45 years old. The City is asking for input on the community's aquatic and recreational needs, to help inform whether to renovate or replace the facility.
Johnson Street Bridge Replacement Project: Construction of a new bridge is currently underway in downtown Victoria and expected to be complete by the end of 2017.
Burnside Gorge Neighbourhood Plan: The plan was launched with the community in January of 2015. Residents and businesses have helped shape the plan through numerous engagement activities.
Neighbourhood Plans: From March 2016 to February 2019, 10 Neighbourhood Plans will be created in collaboration with the community.
- Plan. Grow. Play: With the help of the community, City is developing a Parks and Open Spaces Master Plan to guide improvements to these spaces over the next 25 years.
- Growing in the City: You can now grow, harvest, package, store and sell a range of food anywhere in Victoria, while limiting impacts to your neighbours.
- Medical Cannabis Businesses: Regulations for medical cannabis businesses have been implemented in Victoria, to reduce community impacts of these businesses while maintaining access to medical cannabis.
- Trans Mountain National Energy Board Hearing: Learn about the City of Victoria's role as intervenor in the National Energy Board's hearing process for the proposed expansion of the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain pipeline.
- Visual Victoria: Visual Victoria is a program that will refresh the overall look and feel of downtown, and will introduce an efficient system to help people find their way to key points in the city.
Go to Top