Looking for more information about a current initiative? These resources will provide background information to help answer any questions you may have. Click here to have your say on current and upcoming projects, and learn more about upcoming events where you can connect with us and provide feedback.
Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project: The Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project is entering phase two of design refinement. The feedback that we hear from the community, along with best practices and trends in aquatic and recreation centre design, will advance the building and site design towards construction ready documents.
Topaz Park: Proposed Park Improvement Plan: Thanks to the incredible community participation and input on the draft concepts, we have an exciting proposed plan to share.Your feedback will be used to develop a final design that will create a balanced park experience to meet the needs of our community for many years to come. For information on what is proposed, details of the Open House on Saturday April 21 and how you can provide feedback view the project here.
Short Term Rentals: Victoria is changing the way short term rentals are regulated in the City.
- Off-Street Parking Review: The City is reviewing the Off-Street Parking regulations for vehicles and bicycles in order to support and encourage development, investment and affordable housing
- New Active Transportation Network: A 30 km network of protected bike lanes is currently being planned for Victoria. The proposed network will be within 400 metres of every school and half of all Victoria residences. Pandora bike lanes are NOW OPEN!
Housing Strategy: Victoria is committed to improving housing affordability in the City. The Victoria Housing Strategy contains 26 ambitious actions the City will be taking to do this.
Johnson Street Bridge Replacement Project: Construction of a new bridge is currently underway in downtown Victoria and expected to be complete by the end of 2017.
- Neighbourhood Plans: From March 2016 to February 2019, 10 Neighbourhood Plans will be created in collaboration with the community.
- Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan: The plan was launched in April 2016 in conjunction with the Fairfield plan. The plan is in the final stages of development.
- Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan: Community conversations on the plan began on April 9, 2016. The draft Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan will be presented to the community for feedback from mid-November to mid-January.
- Vic West Neighbourhood Plan: Community conversations on the Vic West plan began on May 28, 2016. The plan is in the final stages of development.
- Ship Point Master Plan: The Ship Point Concept Design was reviewed by the community in August and approved by Council in September. Staff are currently developing a detailed design concept, implementation approach and funding strategy.
- Participatory Budgeting: Participatory Budgeting is an approach to city budgeting that is picking up momentum in cities around the gobe. This is a community-led and designed process where residents determine how to allocate a portion of a City budget. Victoria has recently completed our first participatory budgeting process.
Go to Top