Looking for more information about a current initiative? These resources will provide background information to help answer any questions you may have. Click here to have your say on current and upcoming projects, and learn more about upcoming events where you can connect with us and provide feedback.
- Participatory Budgeting: Participatory Budgeting is an approach to city budgeting that is picking up momentum in cities around the gobe. This is a community-led and designed process where residents determine how to allocate a portion of a City budget.
- Pop-Up @ the Square: Grab your binoculars! A pod of life-sized orca replicas has popped-up in Centennial Square for the summer!
- Create Victoria - Make Your Mark!: Thank you to everyone who has shared their ideas in-person and online to shape the Create Victoria Arts and Culture Master Plan. We'll be sharing the draft Cultural Policy and draft Master Plan in mid-June for feedback.
- The Mayor's Task Force on Social Enterprise and Social Procurement has developed the action plan, Good Jobs + Good Business = Better Community. The actions in the plan are meant to help people who are out of the workforce get to work, and to grow a strong, inclusive economy at the same time.
- 3 Things for Canada: Imagine if every Canadian did three things for their neighbourhood, their nation, and their world this year. This would equate to more than 100 million acts of community building. To celebrate Canada’s 150th, Canadians are invited to give a gift of three things — three acts of service, large or small, to help their community. The City of Victoria is joining the 3 Things for Canada initiative to mark Canada’s 150th birthday this year.
- New Active Transportation Cycling Network: A 30 km network of protected bike lanes is currently being planned for Victoria. The proposed network will be within 400 metres of every school and half of all Victoria residences. Pandora bike lanes are NOW OPEN!
- Housing Strategy: Victoria is committed to improving housing affordability in the City. The Victoria Housing Strategy contains 26 ambitious actions the City will be taking to do this.
Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project: Planning is underway to replace the aging Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre. Join us as we work together to transform it into a place for everyone to have fun and stay healthy and active for generations to come. Through the summer and fall, we will be out in the community sharing information with you about the proposed new facility.
- Johnson Street Bridge Replacement Project: Construction of a new bridge is currently underway in downtown Victoria and expected to be complete by the end of 2017.
- Burnside Gorge Neighbourhood Plan: The plan development was launched with the community in January of 2015. The draft plan was presented to the community in October 2017 and revised over the winter. View the final plan online. Proposed changes to the Official Community Plan will be presented to Council in summer 2017.
- Neighbourhood Plans: From March 2016 to February 2019, 10 Neighbourhood Plans will be created in collaboration with the community.
- Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan: The plan was launched in April 2016 in conjunction with the Fairfield plan. The neighbourhood is invited to provide feedback on the draft plan until June 8, 2017.
- Fairfield Neighbourhood Plan: Community conversations on the plan began on April 9, 2016. A design workshop will be held in June 2017, with a draft plan presented to the community in Fall 2017.
- Vic West Neighbourhood Plan: Community conversations on the Vic West plan began on May 28, 2016. The draft plan will be presented to the neighbourhood in summer 2017
- Growing in the City: You can now grow, harvest, package, store and sell a range of food anywhere in Victoria, while limiting impacts to your neighbours.
- Medical Cannabis Businesses: Regulations for medical cannabis businesses have been implemented in Victoria, to reduce community impacts of these businesses while maintaining access to medical cannabis.
Go to Top