Honorary Citizen Awards
Honorary Citizen Awards are held every three years, and celebrates individuals who have made significant contributions to our city through service to the community or person achievements.
The City of Victoria recognized its newest Honorary Citizen at an awards ceremony in May of 2014.
The awards celebrate individuals who have made significant contributions to our city through service to the community or personal achievements.
- Being a leader or role model
- Having broken new ground or old barriers
- Having provided significant mentorship
- Having inspired others
- Having contributed to building a strong community in the City of Victoria (Greater Victoria area)
- Having brought honour and/or fame to the City of Victoria (Greater Victoria area)
An Award nominee must meet the following criteria:
- The Award is given in recognition of an individual's service to the community or personal achievements
- The Award nominees must be a living resident or former resident of the Capital Region whose exceptional contribution to the community or personal achievement has benefited the City of Victoria or the Capital Region
- Those currently holding elected office, or those considering running for elected office in the local general election, will be excluded from nomination
Past recipients of the Honorary Citizen Awards are not eligible for nomination.
Go to Top