Planning and Land Use Standing Committee
The Planning and Land Use Standing Committee is comprised of three members of Council, and meets once a month, generally on the first Thursday of the month. The committee reports to Council, and has an association with the Design Panel Public Advisory Committee, and the Heritage Public Advisory Committee. The Planning and Land Use Standing Committee considers and provides recommendations to Council on such topics as: rezoning applications; development permits; development variance permits; heritage designations; heritage alteration permits; subdivisions that require Council approval; and private property maintenance orders.
Agendas & Minutes
2013 Meeting Schedule
- January 10, 24
- February 7, 21
- March 7, 21
- April 4, 18
- May 2, 16
- June 6, 20
- July 4, 18
- August 22
- September 5, 26
- October 3, 17
- November 7, 21
- December 5
Terms of Reference
Terms Applicable to all Standing Committees
- To consider and provide recommendations to Council on matters referred to the Standing Committee by Council or the Agenda Committee.
- To consider and provide recommendations to the Governance & Priorities Committee on matters referred to the Standing Committee by the GPC.
- To consider and provide recommendations to Council on policy matters generally within the terms of reference of the Standing Committee.
- To refer matters to the associated Public Advisory Committee for their advice.
Standing Committee on Planning and Land Use
Primary reporting relationship: Council
Public Advisory Committee association: Design Panel/Heritage
To review and provide recommendations to the Council on land use applications, including:
- Rezoning Applications.
- Development Permits.
- Development Variance Permits.
- Heritage Designations.
- Heritage Alteration Permits.
- Subdivisions that require Council approval.
- Private Property Maintenance orders.