Councillor Chris Coleman
c/o 1 Centennial Square
Victoria, BC V8W 1P6
Phone: 250.361.0223 (City Hall)
Phone: 250.360.1414 (home)
- Fairfield Gonzales Community Association (January 2015 to December 31, 2016)
Regional Service and Civic Committees
- Capital Regional District (CRD) Board 2nd Alternate - January 2015 to December 31, 2018
- CRD Water Supply Commission - January 2015 to December 31, 2018
- Federation of Canadian Municipalities Board of Directors - June 2014 to June 2015
- Greater Victoria Labour Relations Association (GVLRA) - January 2015 to December 31, 2016
- Te'mexw Treaty Advisory Committee - Alternate - January 2015 to December 31, 2018
Chris is a graduate of the University of Victoria where he obtained a Bachelor or Arts in Geography and a Masters in Business Administration. He also studied at the University of British Columbia where he obtained a Bachelor of Laws.
His diverse background gives him the advantage of seeing all sides of an issue. He has served the community on various local boards including local Co-Chair of the National Homelessness Initiative, Downtown Blanshard Community Centre Society, YM-YWCA, Citizen Advocacy, C-FAX Santa's Anonymous, Greater Victoria United Way's Campaign Cabinet, BC Summer and Winter Games Audit Committee and the Christ Church Cathedral Parish Council.
Chris is serving his fifth term as City Councillor. Within City government, Chris has been involved with various committees to council including Economic Development, Finance and Human Resources, Alternate to Housing, and the Capital Regional District's Environment, Solid Waste Advisory, Regional Growth Strategy committees and Alternate CRD Director. His former neighbourhood portfolio includes James Bay, Quadra-Hillside, Rockland, Downtown and North Park.
Chris has often been recognised for his contributions to building a better, more inclusive community. He has been the recipient of the Queen's Jubilee Medal in 2002, Honourary Citizen for the City of Victoria in 2000, Victoria's Citizen of the Year in 1994 and Runner up Victoria's Community Leader in 1993. Chris has coached and played sports for over 40 years and enjoys reading, drinking coffee, dreaming and spending time with his wife Judith.Go to Top