Information for Candidates
The City has produced a Candidate Information Guide full of information for prospective candidates. Please review the guide and if you have additional questions contact Legislative Services at 250.361.0571. The Guide is also available in hard copy at Legislative Services in City Hall during regular business hours, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- City of Victoria 2014 Candidate Information Guide [PDF - 9.4 MB]
The Province of British Columbia has passed new legislation, the Local Elections Campaign Financing Act, which changes the manner in which financial disclosures and other related actions are made. This legislation applies to candidates, elector organizations and those wishing to take part in the election process by means of advocacy. This process is managed by Elections BC.
Provincial Voter and Candidate Guides
The Provincial Government has produced a number of guides that voters and candidates might find helpful. The documents below provide important new information for candidates, including new campaign financing and advertising rules for elections campaign organizers, candidates' elector organizations and third party sponsors:
- Local Elections in B.C.: What Every Candidate Needs to Know
- Candidate's Guide to Local Government Elections in B.C.
- Elector Organization Guide to Local Government Elections in B.C.
- Guide to Supporting a Candidate for Local Government Elections in B.C.
A separate guide for School Trustee Election Procedures is provided by the Ministry of Education.Go to Top