Located on the southern tip of Vancouver Island, Victoria is a community of choice for its temperate climate, natural beauty, recreational sites and superior economic opportunities. The city is alive with people and activity.
Comfortable walking shoes are a must. This resort style city is made for strolling, with downtown hotels, restaurants, shops and parks within close proximity to each other.
Victoria at a glance:
- Population: 83,000
- Serves as the metropolitan core for a region of 360,000
- Capital City of British Columbia
- Incorporated on August 2, 1862
- Over 3 million visitors annually
- Average of 2,183 hours of sunshine each year
- Average rainfall is 66.5 centimetres per year
- 1,600 signature hanging baskets displayed each summer