Have Your Say
Looking for where you can participate in civic matters?
We want to hear from you. There are a number of ways for you to get involved and have your say.
Feedback on the 2014-2018 Draft Financial Plan
City Council has given preliminary approval to the 2014-2018 Financial Plan and is seeking feedback from the public. A presentation and open house was held on April 23 at City Hall. Citizens can also submit their feedback online.
For 2014, Council has given preliminary approval to an overall tax increase of 2.51%. This results in a proposed increase of 2.75% for residential properties ($60 increase for an average residential property) and 2.3% increase for business ($150 increase for a typical business property.)
Click here to read background materials, the 2014-2018 Draft Financial Plan and access an online survey. Feedback will be collected until 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 30.
Parking Services Review:
Tell Us How to Improve Parking Downtown
The City of Victoria recently reviewed its parking services to identify ways to make it easier to park downtown and improve customer service. Learn more about the recommended parking changes and the Downtown Parkade Zone Map.
SURVEY - The public is invited to provide feedback on these recommendations and share their thoughts and experiences of parking downtown by completing an online survey by May 2.
Have Your Say: Bicycle Master Plan Update
Whether you cycle daily, sometimes, or hardly ever we want to hear from you!
- What would it take to get you on your bike?
- What would you do to create a more inviting bicycle network?
- What bike routes are currently working?
- What links in the network are missing?
- Where would you like new or improved bike routes in Victoria?
- What is your vision for cycling in Victoria?
To learn more about biking in Victoria click here.
These three workshops will provide an opportunity to learn about existing biking infrastructure and will include small group discussions around how to improve biking for the next five years and 25 years. Feedback collected from the workshops will help inform future planning.
If you cycle already, join us for one of these two workshops:
- Monday, May 12, 6:30 p.m. – 9p.m., Victoria Conference Centre, 720 Douglas Street
- Wednesday, May 14, 6:30 p.m. – 9p.m., Da Vinci Centre, 195 Bay Street
Workshop for future cyclists: If you rarely bike or never bike, we want to hear from you!
- Monday, May 26, 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Location: Fairfield United Church 1303 Fairfield Road (This event is being hosted by SFU Carbon Talks.) A light dinner will be served at 5:00 for this event.
Workshop attendance is by registration only. Please email us your preferred session by Tuesday, May 6: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hop on your bike and join us at these Information Stations this April and May. Come and spin the bike trivia wheel, map out your favourite bike routes, show us where you'd like future biking infrastructure improvements and complete a survey. We hope to see you in your neighbourhood soon!
- Tuesday, April 29, 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Galloping Goose Trail by the Selkirk Tressel
- Wednesday, April 30, 11:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m., Victoria Public Market, The Hudson, 1701 Douglas
- Saturday, May 3, 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Fernwood Square by the Belfry Theatre
- Wednesday, May 7, 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m., Fairfield Thriftys, 1590 Fairfield Road
- Saturday, May 10, 9:30 a.m. - 1:00, Quadra Village Days, Quadra and Kings Street
- Saturday, May 24, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., Selkirk Waterfront Festival
- Monday, May 26, 3:30-5:30, Bike to Work Week Celebration Station at Dockside Green, Harbour Road
Just drop by to an Information Station. An RSVP is not required.
Please take a few minutes to complete this online survey before May 30, 2014. Your feedback is very important as we plan for the future of biking in Victoria.
Stormwater Utility and Proposed Rainwater Management Credit Program
Thank you to everyone who offered their feedback on this topic. Click here to read the Stormwater Engagement Report and to learn about the next steps the City of Victoria is taking to implement the stormwater utility and rainwater management credit program. Thank you again for your participation in our recent engagement program!
More ways to have your say:
Keep checking this page for more opportunities to get involved.Go to Top