Our goal is to create an efficient and positive parking experience for all residents, businesses, visitors and shoppers.
Parking Services Review:
Improving Parking Downtown
The City of Victoria recently reviewed its parking services to identify ways to make it easier to park downtown and improve customer service. Thank you to everyone who provided feedback in our online survey and at the Parking Open House in April. All input was compiled and summarized in a report to City Council in May. Based on input from the community, the recommendations have been adopted. Learn more.
Free Parking on Sunday and Labour Day
New Pay on Foot Pay Station at Bastion Square Parkade
Motorists can pay the attendant at the exit gate or at the new Pay on Foot pay station located next to the second floor elevator at Bastion Square Parkade. Learn more.
New Pay in Lane Pay Station at Johnson Street Parkade
In addition to the current Pay on Foot pay station at Johnson Street Parkade, motorists can now use the new Pay in Lane pay station located at the parkade exit. Learn more.
Learn about the payment options at our five parkades.
Did You Know?
There are over 11,000 parking spaces in downtown Victoria
- Parking is free at downtown street meters and at City parkades on Sundays and statutory holidays
- "First Hour Free" coupons for use at City parkades are available from participating merchants and Victoria City Hall (Note: Starting Monday, September 15, 2014, the first hour in a City parkade will automatically be free. No need for a coupon.)
- On street parking cards are convenient and allow you to refund any unused time
- City parkades have undergone a major makeover, including improved lighting, paint, and onsite security 24/7
- You can pay your parking ticket online or review a ticket online
- Electric vehicle charging stations are available at City parkades
- You can view and learn more about parking downtown using VicMap
- Pay by Phone for on-street parking is coming this fall!
Interactive Parking Map (VicMap)
Did you know you can view and learn more about parking in Victoria using the City's new VicMap? This interactive mapping system enables you view maps that illustrate the location of metered and non-metered parking spaces, pay stations, the City's five parkades and four surface parking lots, neighbourhood parking, as well as electric vehicle charging stations and bike parking. You can also create your own maps.
View the Interactive Parking Map. Once you have the map open, to make it interactive, click on the red icon "I want to" at the top left corner of the screen. Select from the pull-down menu "Turn map data on/off",then click on "Show Legend" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
First Hour Free Coupons for City Parkades
First Hour Free coupons are accepted at the City's five parkades Monday to Saturday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. After hours, the coupon offers $1 off the $2 flat rate.First Hour Free coupons are available at the Public Service Centre counter at Victoria City Hall on weekdays from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., and from participating downtown merchants.
NOTE: Starting September 15, 2014, the first hour of parking in a City parkade will automatically be free.
Pay Parking Reinstated at 900 Block Pandora Avenue
Parking in Victoria
The City of Victoria Parking Services Division is responsible for on-street parking downtown and parking at the City's five parkades. It also operates four surface parking lots downtown. Free bicycle parking downtown is also available.
- On-Street Parking
- Surface Parking Lots
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations at Parkades
- Bicycle Parking
- Parking for People with Disabilities
- Statutory Holidays
- Streets and Traffic Bylaw [PDF - 297 KB]
Pay a Parking Ticket Online
Did you know you can pay your parking ticket online? There's no need to make a trip to City Hall.