We are committed to improving customer service and making parking easier for residents, businesses and visitors.
The City of Victoria operates five parkades, three surface parking lots, and has nearly 2,000 on-street parking spaces downtown. We also oversee residential parking zones.
At City parkades, the first hour is always free, with free evening parking, and free parking on Sundays and holidays. For flexibility and choice, there are five on-street parking zones with variable rates and times.
Paying for on-street parking just got easier. You can now pay for on-street parking using your iPhone, iPad, Android smart phone or tablet by downloading the free ParkVictoria app from the App Store or Google Play.
Maintenance of City Parkades
Annual Concrete Repairs
Each year, the City conducts concrete repairs to maintain its parkades. The work may consist of grinding and patching the parkades’ concrete surfaces. During repairs, there will be minimal impact to parking spaces available, however, there will be noise at times due to the use of grinding and jackhammering equipment. View the concrete repair schedule.
Scheduled Elevator Maintenance
Scheduled elevator maintenance takes place at City parkades the third week of each month. View the elevator maintenance schedule.
SafeWalk Phone Number
Please note there is now one SafeWalk phone number for all five City parkades. Call 250.686.3715 to arrange for a security guard to meet you at a specific City parkade and accompany you to your vehicle. You can also request this service of a security guard in person at any City parkade. Learn more.
Did you know at City parkades:
- The first hour is always free. (You no longer need a "first-hour-free" coupon.)
- Parking is $2 an hour (billed in 15 minute increments)
- Evening parking is free Monday to Saturday, from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Parking is free all day on Sundays and holidays.
- Lower levels are signed as short-term, three-hour maximum parking Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Longer-term parking is available on mid and upper levels at City parkades (on lower levels at Broughton Street Parkade).
- There are more payment options. You can pay an attendant or pay at a parkade pay station before returning to your vehicle or upon exiting.
- You need your entry ticket to exit a parkade, even when parking is free.
- The SafeWalk service provides you with the option of calling 250.686.3715 to arrange for a parkade security guard to meet and accompany you to your vehicle.
- Electric vehicle charging stations are available at City parkades.
- Electric bike charging stations and bike parking are also offered in City parkades.
Did you know:
- There are five parking zones [PDF - 342 KB], ranging from $1.50 to $3 per hour with 90 minute to 24 hour time limits in effect Monday – Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- On-street parking is free in the evenings from 6 p.m. - 9 a.m.
- On-street parking is free all day Sundays and holidays.
- The ParkVictoria app makes paying for on-street parking easier and sends you alerts when parking time is running out.
- Payment can be made by coin, credit card, the ParkVictoria app, or the City Parking Card at an on-street pay station within your zone.
Learn more about on-street parking downtown.
Residential Parking Zones
Residential parking zones are in place to ensure that Victoria residents have access to on-street parking on their block. These zones are signed as “Residential Parking Only”. Only residents and their visitors or contractors working on the residence that fronts the residential parking zone may park there. Parking tickets are issued on a complaint basis.
To park in a residential parking zone, a resident is required to have their vehicle licence plate number on file with City of Victoria Parking Services. Learn more.
Parking for People with Disabilities
Learn about downtown parking for people with disabilities.
Experiencing a Problem?
Review of Parking Services
Learn more about the review of our parking services that took place in 2014.
Streets and Traffic Bylaw
Learn more about the City's Streets and Traffic Bylaw [PDF - 624 KB].