The City of Victoria has nearly 2,000 on-street parking spaces downtown. Historically, much of the on-street parking has provided 90 minute time limits.
To provide customers with flexibility and choice, there are five parking zones downtown, ranging from $1.50 to $3 with 90 minute to 24 hour time limits in effect Monday to Saturday, from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Pay stations and parking space posts are labelled to identify the parking zones.
View the map to see the five parking zones [PDF - 342 KB] or see the map below.
On-street parking is:
- Free in the evenings from 6 p.m. - 9 a.m.
- Free on Sundays and holidays.
- Paid by by coin, credit card, or the City Parking Card at an on-street pay station within your zone.
ParkVictoria Mobile Pay
You can now pay for on-street parking using any mobile device. Learn more!
How to Use a Pay Station
Using a pay station is easy.
- Park and note your space number.
- At a pay station in your parking zone, enter your space number.
- Choose your method of payment (coin, credit card or the City's Parking Card).
- Purchase the parking time you require.
- Print and collect your receipt - there's no need to return to your vehicle.
A pay station's main screen provides prompts throughout the transaction. Your receipt includes your parking space number and the date and time of expiry.
Parking on Sundays and Statutory Holidays
On-street parking downtown and at City parkades is free on Sundays and holidays.
On-street pay stations do not accept payment, nor do they allow you to reload a parking card on a Sunday or holiday.
Note: Pay parking is in effect 24/7 at the City's surface parking lots.
Designated On-street Parking Spaces for
People With Disabilities
City Parking Card for Pay Stations
The City's Parking Card is available for use at all on-street pay stations. A Parking Card can be purchased and reloaded at the Customer Service Centre at City Hall for a one-time administration fee of $5, and parking time is available in $25 increments.
The hours of operation for the Customer Service Centre at City Hall are Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The City of Victoria is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Parking Cards.
Note: City parkades and surface parking lots do not accept Parking Cards. The single parking meter heads accept coins only.
How to Reload Your Parking Card
You can reload your City Parking Card in two ways:
1) At the Customer Service Centre at City Hall in $25 increments, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Payment can be made by cash, debit or credit card.
2) At any on-street pay station downtown, except on Sundays and Statutory Holidays. Payment can only be made at pay stations using coins. Canadian and American coins are accepted, except pennies.
To reload your Parking Card at a pay station:
- Insert card
- Deposit coins
- Press STOP button
- Remove card
- Take your printed receipt
The City's reloadable Parking Card makes parking easier as it enables you to refund any unused time.
Refund Unused Time with the City Parking Card
The pay stations automatically debit the maximum time of the zone from a Parking Card. Before returning to your vehicle, simply insert your card into a pay station within your parking zone and you will be refunded unused time.
To use the City Parking Card at a computerized on-street pay station within your parking zone:
- Enter space number.
- Press green button.
- Insert Parking Card.
- Press the green button to log on.
- Remove card.
- Take receipt.
To refund unused time:
- When ready to leave, insert card into pay station.
- Press the green button to log off.
- Remove card.
- Take receipt.
An additional benefit of the pay stations is that they allow you to prepay if you arrive downtown before on-street parking is enforced at 9 a.m. For example, if you arrive downtown at 8 a.m., you can park and prepay for up to 90 minutes. This will enable you to park until 10:30 a.m.
Remaining Single Head Meters
253 single head meters remain downtown to serve people with disabilities, small vehicles, and for 20-minute zone on-street parking spaces (25 cents for 10 minutes), as well as in areas where there are too few spaces to warrant a pay station.
The meter posts at these parking spaces are also numbered to offer you the option of using the pay stations, however, the zone rate will apply.
The remaining single head meters accept coins only. They do not accept the City Parking Card.Go to Top