City parkades are open 24 hours, seven days a week, providing you with the opportunity to enjoy all that downtown Victoria has to offer, without the worry of a parking ticket.
Improvements to City Parkades
To make parking easier, at City parkades:
- The first hour is always free. (You no longer need a "first-hour-free" coupon.)
- Evening parking is free Monday to Saturday, from 6 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Parking is free all day on Sundays and holidays.
- Lower levels are signed as short-term, three-hour maximum parking Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Longer-term parking is available on mid- and upper levels at City parkades (on lower levels at Broughton Street Parkade).
- There are more payment options.
- You can pay an attendant or pay at a parkade pay station before returning to your vehicle or upon exiting.
- You need your entry ticket to exit a parkade, even when parking is free.
- The SafeWalk service provides you with the option of calling 250.686.3715 to arrange for a parkade security guard to meet and accompany you to your vehicle.
- New LED parking space counters are installed outside of View Street and Bastion Square Parkades.
We've reduced our parkade rates. City parkade rates in effect Monday - Saturday from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. are:
- $2 Per Hour (charged in 15 minute increments)
- $12 Vehicle Day Rate ($14 at Bastion Square Parkade due to higher demand)
- $4 Motorcycle Day Rate (Note: Motorcycle parking is available at all City parkades except Johnson Street Parkade.)
- A lost ticket will be charged the day rate.
Methods of Payment
Payment can be made by coin, bills, or credit card. The City Parking Card is for use at on-street parking pay stations. Learn more.
Where are the City's five parkades?
- Bastion Square Parkade - 575 Yates Street (361 parking spaces)
- Broughton Street Parkade - 745 Broughton Street (below Central Library, 544 parking spaces)
- Centennial Square Parkade - 645 Fisgard Street (188 parking spaces)
- Johnson Street Parkade - 750 Johnson Street (232 parking spaces)
- View Street Parkade - 743 View Street (531 parking spaces) *Reduced capacity May 27 - 29, 2016
*Reduced Capacity at View Street Parkade
(May 27 - 29)
To accommodate the installation of new railings at the View Street Parkade, the parkade will be operating at reduced capacity from Friday, May 27 to Sunday, May 29. Parking is available at the Broughton Street Parkade, two blocks over underneath the Central Library.
Scheduled Elevator Maintenance at City Parkades
Scheduled elevator maintenance takes place at City parkades the third week of each month. Below is the maintenance schedule for May. Elevators will be temporarily out-of-service at:
- Centennial Square Parkade – Monday, May 16 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Victoria City Hall – Tuesday, May 17 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Johnson Street Parkade – Wednesday, May 18 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bastion Square Parkade – Thursday, May 19 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- View Street Parkade – Thursday, May 19 from noon – 4 p.m. (Note – One elevator will remain in service during maintenance.)
Signs will be posted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
What are the benefits of parking at a City parkade?
- Flexibility to enjoy downtown without the worry of a parking ticket
- Parking at City parkades costs less than on-street parking
- Parkades are open 24/7, provide on-site security and are conveniently located within two blocks of all downtown attractions
- 1 - 3 electric vehicle parking stations per parkade. Regular parkade rates apply.
- Electric bike charging stations and free covered bicycle parking
No Need for a First Hour Free Coupon
Find Parking Downtown with VicMap
This interactive mapping system enables you to view maps that illustrate the location of City parkades and pay stations, metered and non-metered parking spaces, the City's four surface parking lots, neighbourhood parking, as well as electric vehicle charging stations and bike parking. You can also create your own maps. View the Interactive Parking Map.
How to Use - Once you have the map open, to make it interactive, click on the red icon "I want to" at the top left corner of the screen. Select from the pull-down menu "Turn map data on/off", then click on "Show Legend" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Did you know that eight electric vehicle charging stations are available at the following City parkades?
- Bastion Square Parkade (one station)
- Broughton Street Parkade (three stations)
- Centennial Square Parkade (one station)
- Johnson Street Parkade (one station)
- View Street Parkade (two stations)
Regular parking fees apply. There is no additional fee to use the charging stations.
How to Use - To use an electric vehicle charging station, please request an activation card from the parkade attendant, drive your vehicle to the designated parking spot and plug in. The charging stations will be able to fully recharge an electric car battery within three to eight hours. Learn more. All City parkades also offer electric bike charging stations and free covered parking for bicycles
Monthly Parkade Rates
The monthly parkade rates for vehicles are below include GST. Click here for information about motorcycle parking rates.
|Centennial Square Parkade (645 Fisgard Street)||Wait list - $115.50|
|Johnson Street Parkade (750 Johnson Street)||Wait list - $147|
|Johnson Street Parkade - Reserved||Wait list - $199.50|
|Bastion Square Parkade (575 Yates Street)||Wait list - $168|
|View Street Parkade (743 View Street)||Wait list - $183.75|
|Broughton Street Parkade (745 Broughton)||Wait list - $168|