Ross Bay Cemetery
Ross Bay Cemetery, named for its unique oceanside location at Ross Bay, has been in continuous use since 1872 and is maintained and managed by the City of Victoria.
Mature trees grace Ross Bay Cemetery. The widest range of pine trees in the Victoria area can be found here, as well as Spanish Fir, Rocky Mountain white fir and cork-bark elm. Japanese flowering cherries add a flourish of colour to the lovely old monuments and grave art. The Old Cemeteries Society conducts popular guided tours through the cemetery and operates a visitor's centre across Fairfield Road at historic Ross Bay Villa, open for public enquiries on Sundays from 1 to 3 p.m.
The City allows full interments as well as interments of cremated remains at Ross Bay Cemetery. To learn more, please see below.
- Affidavit [PDF - 15 KB]
- Burials & Interments [PDF - 41 KB]
- Order for Interment [PDF - 37 KB]
- Monuments & Markers [PDF - 35 KB]
- Plot Transfers [PDF - 17 KB]
- Secondary Use Form [PDF - 37 KB]
- Current Rates & Fees [PDF - 308 KB]
- Ross Bay Cemetery Records [PDF - 22 KB]