Victoria West Neighbourhood Plan
Honouring the past, shaping the present, and investing in the future – it’s your community!
Your Vic West Neighbourhood Plan is almost finished! Based on your feedback, we have made over 100 changes. These revisions are highlighted in red text in the proposed neighbourhood plan.
Read the proposed Neighbourhood Plan here
*Note: as of January 19, an updated version of the proposed Plan has been posted to reflect changes on page 10, 61, and 62.
Fill out the online survey (takes at least 15 minutes). Survey closes Sunday February 18, 2018.
Email email@example.com to be added to the list for email updates about the plan.
1. Summary of feedback on Draft Plan and proposed revsions
2. Proposed revisions to Traditional Residential Urban Place Designations (Official Community Plan Amendments 1-5)
Amendment 1: Adjacent to Craigflower Village
Amendment 2: Pioneer Co-op site
Amendment 3: Adjacent to Edward at Catherine Streets Village
Amendment 4: Lime Bay area (south of Esquimalt Road)
Amendment 5: Revised building heights, neighbourhood-wide
3. Proposed revisions to Urban Residential and Urban Village Urban Place Designations ((Official Community Plan Amendments 6-11)
Amendment 6: Russell Street at Skinner Street
Amendment 7: Edward at Catherine Street Village
Amendment 8: Westside Village and Bay Street/Tyee Road
Amendment 9: South Mary Street
Amendment 10: West Esquimalt Road
Amendment 11: Craigflower small urban village
4. Proposed revisions to Employment Urban Place Designations ((Official Community Plan Amendments 12-14)
- Employment Area Amendment Map
- Amendment 12: New employment-residential designation (various properties)
- Amendment 13: New industrial employment designation (various properties)
- Amendment 14: New industrial- residential designation (various properties)
5. Proposed revisions to supportable densities for selected Urban Place Designations ((Official Community Plan Amendment 15)
6. Expanding and creating new Development Permit Areas ((Official Community Plan Amendments 16-19)
- What is a Development Permit Area?
- Development Permit Areas amendment map
- Amendment 16: Expand Development Permit Area 5
- Amendment 17: Expand Development Permit Area 6A
- Amendment 18: Expand Development Permit Area 7A
- Amendment 19: Create A New Development Permit Area 15F
- Revitalization Guidelines for Corridors, Villages, and Town Centres (with proposed content specific to areas in Vic West
- Design Guidelines for Intensive Residential – Townhouse and Attached Dwelling
Read the previous version of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan (August 2017) here
Go to Top