Left: “Ventnor Cottage” at 120 (later 700 block) Fisgard Street, ca. 1880 (Maynard photo). The house was built in 1874 and owned by George Coleman, proprietor of the Prince of Wales Saloon at Government and Cormorant Streets (CVA image M07165). Right: Detail of fire insurance plan from 1903-1909 (sheet 12). Among other things, these plans show the footprints of homes and buildings in the City. The plan above reveals that by 1903, railway tracks for the Victoria & Sidney line had displaced Ventnor Cottage, which had stood at the N.W. corner of Fisgard and Blanshard Streets. The plan also shows that a new house was subsequently built at the same address, but positioned at an angle facing the new tracks. Today a parking structure occupies this corner.