Featured Photographs - Victoria at the Time of Canadian Confederation - Songhees Reserve

Songhees Reserve

Left: Detail from 1861 map of Victoria by J. Despard Pemberton, showing the Songhees Village in present-day Victoria West. Right: Songhees Reserve, ca. 1865. Looking towards the James Bay Bridge (centre) and government buildings (right). The Reserve was located in Victoria’s Inner Harbour from 1844 until 1911, when it was moved to its current location in Esquimalt [City of Victoria Archives images M08542 + M06525]

Photo 3 of 10