Call to Musicians
Thank you to all those who applied to be considered for the City of Victoria's 2017 Musician Roster. The City is updating its roster of pre-qualified, local musicians to perform a range of music genres at outdoor concert venues from June to September, as well as at other City-programmed events throughout the year.
Events could include the popular summertime Lunchtime Concerts series in Centennial Square, the Concerts in the Park series held at the Cameron Bandshell in Beacon Hill Park, and events commemorating Canada's 150th as well as other concerts/events.
How to Apply
To be considered for 2017 events, local musicians were invited to complete and submit the fillable application form below with links to samples of their work, and email it to email@example.com by midnight on Tuesday, January 31, 2017.
(Please complete the fillable form, save the file and attach it to your email.)
NOTE: Those musicians/bands accepted for the 2016 Musician Roster were invited to submit an updated application for the 2017 Musician Roster.
Applications for the musician roster will be accepted on an ongoing basis, however, the selection process will take place once a year. Late applications will be considered for 2018.
The City of Victoria reserves the right to directly invite musicians outside the roster to perform at events.
Submissions are assessed based on the following criteria:
- Diversity and broad appeal – the musicians selected will represent a wide range of music genres and appeal to a broad audience
- Supports local community and economy – preference is given to musicians who reside in the Capital Region
- Talent – a musician’s or band’s technical expertise and creativity will be taken into account
Submissions are assessed by a team of City of Victoria staff and local music professionals.
- Submission deadline for 2017 concerts – January 31, 2017 at midnight
- Assessment and selection completed – February 28, 2017
- Selected musicians for roster contacted – Early March
- Performance scheduling and contracts – March 2017
For More Information