Name That Library!
You're invited to help Name That Library! The City of Victoria invites Greater Victoria citizens of all ages to help name the new library branch that is set to open in James Bay in early 2018.
Help Us Name the New Library Branch in James Bay
Of the current 11 branches in the Greater Victoria Public Library system, four have commemorative names and seven reflect geographic locations. The new branch in James Bay will be the second in Victoria and the 12th in the Greater Victoria Public Library system.
By way of an online survey or email, you can support the geographical name “James Bay Branch” or submit your own suggestion for a suitable name along with a short rationale.
- Names could be based on a local person or historical figure, a landmark, or a connection to the James Bay neighbourhood or Victoria.
- The rationale should explain the connection between your idea for a name and the new library in James Bay.
- There is no limit to the number of names/rationales that can be submitted. Please include one name/rationale per survey or email.
The Name That Library! campaign is not a vote or a contest. Suggested names will be submitted to Victoria City Council for consideration. The name of the new library will be announced in December.
How to Participate
Here's how you can help us Name That Library!:
- Fill out a short survey OR
- Email us your proposed name and rationale for the new library to NameThatLibrary@victoria.ca
- Mail your submission (postmarked no later than Sunday, November 19, 2017) to: City of Victoria, Legislative and Regulatory Services, #1 Centennial Square, Victoria, BC, V8W 1P6
NOTE: If you wish to include additional information with your submission, please participate by email or mail.
DEADLINE: Midnight on Sunday, November 19, 2017.