Between February 15 and the end of March, the City of Victoria provides a branch chipping service to help residents remove tree branches from their yard.
- Please have tree branches on the boulevard for chipping by 7 a.m. on Monday, February 15.
- Only tree branches, please.
- Tree branches must be between 2.5 cm and 25 cm (1” and 10”) in diameter.
- Each household is allowed one branch pile 1.2m x 1.2m x 1.8m (4’ x 4’ x 6’) in size.
- Please stack branches loosely in one pile with their cut ends together. Please place these piles on the boulevard or on the setback behind the sidewalk if there is no boulevard.
- Branches should not be placed in bags, boxes, or tied with string or wire.
- City trucks make one pass down each street. If a return trip is required, a $40 fee will be charged. Residential branch chipping runs until the end of March.
Learn more and watch a video with tips here.