Building a stronger, more inclusive community through recreation and wellness.
The Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre has been a community hub for almost 50 years. The facility is now nearing the end of its lifespan. Replacing the centre will ensure this community legacy continues to generations to come.
Did You Know?
- Council voted unanimously to replace the nearly 50 year old complex with a new facility, approving a budget of $69.4 million.
- Today, one in five residents cannot access the Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre. The new facility will welcome all ages and abilities through a design that removes barriers to participation.
- The new universally-accessible recreation centre will feature a 50m x 25m pool, universal and inclusive change rooms, an expanded fitness area, better spaces for events and programs, a welcoming community space and tonnes of natural light!
- A universally-accessible pool and wellness centre is anticipated to increase visits by 35 per cent annually.
- The proposed site for the new building is next to the current building in Central Park, which will stay open until the new pool is ready.
- We are actively seeking support from other levels of government to help fund the new centre. If funding is not secured from external sources, a referendum will be held next year.
- Key outcomes
- Features of the new facility
- Conceptual Designs
- Committee of the Whole Reports
- Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre Feasibility Study
*Click on image to zoom in
Frequently Asked Questions
Our goal is to keep you well informed throughout the project. This list will be continually updated over the coming many months to provide timely and accurate information. Click on the phrases below to link you to questions and responses, and check back in for updated information.
For a list of previously asked question and responses please click here
Stay Informed: If you would like to receive direct email updates on the Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Projects or to provide feedback email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org