Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan
We are in the final stages of the Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan process!
The next step is for Council to consider the plan for approval. A public hearing will be held at the same meeting on the proposed Official Community Plan amendments to align with the plan. This will be the last opportunity to provide feedback. The Council meeting and public hearing is Thursday, March 8, 2018.
Where are we today?
On December 14, 2017, staff presented the proposed Final Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan and Council gave first and second reading to the proposed Official Community Plan (OCP) Amendments that would bring the neighbourhood plan and OCP into alignment if adopted.
- Read the December 14, 2017 Report to Council, including:
- Staff report and recommendations
- Proposed Final Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan
- Summary of revisions made since the draft plan
- Summary map of proposed OCP Amendments
- Engagement Summary (including all verbatim feedback on the proposed plan and OCP amendments)
- Read the OCP Amendment Bylaw for Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan
- Read the revised Proposed Gonzales Neighbourhood Plan (November 2017)
How did we get here?
Apr - Dec 2016: Phases 1, 2 & 3 - In conjunction with Fairfield
May - Jun 2017: Draft Plan Engagement
October 2017 – Engagement on Revisions and OCP Amendments
A Heritage Conservation Area is no longer being explored for Gonzales as part of the neighbourhood planning process. This could be explored in the future if there is community leadership and interest. Read more here.