Community Input - Open House #2
The following is a summary of the feedback we received from the community in March on the draft plan for improving Cook Street Playground.
- 40% of survey respondents live within a five minute walk of the playground
- Input received was from all age groups except 13-19 year olds
The Concept Plan
- Open Play Space
- General location of play equipment for different ages
- Senior Play area
- Junior Play Area
- Passive Play Area
- Active Play Area
- Natural Play Area
- Climbing components
- Sand area
- Proposed seating areas
- Additional walk and playground access
- Landscaping the adjacent grass area
- Keep this popular, well designed playground as is.
- Retain or increase fencing along Nursery Road and Cook Street.
- Have trees around playground to provide shade.
- Ensure the playground has safe, appropriate equipment for both ages.
- Restrict dogs from this area.
- Consider including an adult fitness area.