Clawthorpe Park Playground
Clawthorpe Park is a small neighbourhood park in the Oaklands neighbourhood of Victoria. The Park is located at 1619 Clawthorpe Avenue, fronting North Dairy Road.
We're improving Clawthorpe Park.
In the fall of 2014, the City collected feedback about what kind of park improvements residents in the neighbourhood would most enjoy. Based on this feedback, the City of Victoria is now upgrading the playground to better meet the needs of the community.
What We Heard:
In the fall of 2014, City staff collected feedback at an open house and through an online survey. Thank you to all those who could join us. You can view the engagement summary here: Clawthorpe Engagement Report 2014.pdf [PDF - 2.7 MB]
What We're Doing:
A conceptual plan that responds to the results of the public engagement was prepared for the park and play areas. The photos above show some of the improvements that are underway.
The improvements will include:
- a natural play feature: a sand play area, sand chute and a circuit of natural logs
- retention of the large open grassy area
- slightly moving the play equipment area to accommodate large trees
- new play equipment will include swings, slides and climbing elements, along with a Woodlands Cafe imagination station
- a raised landscape berm to provide a greater sense of separation from North Dairy Avenue
- new bicycle parking adjacent to the play area
Kids of all ages are invited to enjoy the playground.
A proposed Bowker Creek interpretive feature is being further discussed with the Bowker Creek Initiative Steering Committee and the Oaklands Community Association.
Go to Top