Prior to commencing work related to your project you must obtain a Building Permit.
The new Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw No.17-113 [PDF - 329 KB] is now in effect and was adopted by Council on October 26, 2017.
Permit Intake and Application Requirements for all Building Permits
For a smoother permit application process, please check that you have all the information required by checklists before applying for your permit. Should you need further information prior to application, please contact Permits and Inspections staff for building permit application information.
For new buildings and additions, the City facilitates a pre-application meeting with staff at your request. This meeting can be used by developers as a tool in the planning process and helps to expedite the building permit application process. Please contact the Permits and Inspections staff for more information or to book an appointment.
- Building Permit Application Form [PDF - 530 KB]
- Revision After Building Permit Issuance Form [PDF - 69 KB]
- Complex Building Application Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alteration) [PDF - 312 KB]
- Complex Building Application Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 312 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application Checklist (New Projects, Additions and Exterior Alterations) [PDF - 327 KB]
- Single Family Dwelling or Duplex Application Checklist (Interior Alterations, Change of Use) [PDF - 331 KB]
- Interior Strip Out Application Checklist (All Buildings) [PDF - 285 KB]
- Demolition Application Checklist (Building Removal) [PDF - 299 KB]
Additional Information and Resources
- Permit Package Information Forms [PDF - 616 KB]
- Solid Fuel-Fired Appliance Checklist [PDF - 168 KB]
- Deck Example Plans 2013 [PDF - 416 KB]
- TECA Checklist for Forced Air Systems [PDF - 338 KB]
- TECA Checklist for an HRV [PDF - 336 KB]
- TECA Checklist for CRV Systems [PDF - 337 KB]
- TECA Checklist for Exhaust Fans & Passive Inlets [PDF - 336 KB]