A Plumbing Permit is required for any construction, extension, or repair of any plumbing system, or to make a connection to any sewer system.
The new Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw No.17-113 [PDF - 329 KB] is now in effect and was adopted by Council on October 26, 2017.
When do I Need a Plumbing Permit?
A Plumbing Permit is needed for, but is not limited to:
- Installation of a new fixtures, such as a sink or shower
- Removing of a fixture or part of a plumbing system
- Extension or installation of a sanitary sewer, storm sewer or water service
- Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system
- Installation or alteration of a footing drain or storm drain system
- Installation of any back-flow prevention
- Installation of a lawn irrigation system
A Plumbing Permit may not be required for minor modifications such as:
- Replacing existing fixtures in same location
- Repairing existing fixtures
Forms & Applications
- CRD Waste Discharge Assessment Form [PDF - 38 KB]
- Fixture Calculation for Water Service Size [PDF - 357 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Contractor [PDF - 421 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Fire Protection [PDF - 48 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Homeowner [PDF - 270 KB]
- Plumbing Inspection Request Form [PDF - 590 KB]
- Solar Hot Water Ready Fact Sheet
Engineering Fees for New Services
For information and questions regarding Engineering fees contact the Engineering Department.