If you are a 90's kid, a middle schooler, a recent college grad, or somewhere in between... We want to hear from you!
Check this page for current ways to get involved in decisions being made in your city.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you've got questions, comments, or if you'd like to recieve updates on a current project.
We are beginning plans to open a Youth Hub, a safe, free space for all youth to hang out and have fun. What will it be like? Help us decide!
We are currently discussing the must-haves with young people from the Victoria region. We know:
- The space must be centrally located and physically accessible
- The space will have a mix of free drop-in time and scheduled activities
- Youth will give us direction on the design of the space and its activities
- It will mainly be for those aged 12 to 18, though there may be opportunities open to a wider age range if there is interest
There are still plenty of question marks! What should you be able to do in this space? When should you be able to go? Where is a good location for this? Let us know!
Got 5 minutes? Take the survey!
At the end of the survey you can enter a draw for a $50 gift card to a local business of your choice.
The feedback you give will help us determine what kind of activities need to be available in the space and where the space should be. With your ideas, we can start looking at the possibilities for a physical space that meets those needs.
Questions? Shoot us an email at email@example.com!
Check out the City of Victoria Youth Council website for news about recent projects by youth and to find out how to get involved.
The CVYC is a team of volunteers who create and carry out a variety of projects around the city. Members have the opportunity to turn their passions into action, build their leadership skills in a welcoming environment, and strengthen their resume. In the 2016-2017 year, City Council gave $26,000 to Youth Council projects.
Our Youth Strategy
In 2017, we began to implement a three-year Youth Strategy to help us open up more connections with the young people who live, work, learn, or relax in Victoria. The Strategy was designed by a team of youth aged 12-24 who reached out to their peers to discover what was missing from the community and local government.
Read the Youth Strategy here [PDF - 367 KB].
"Youth" doesn't just mean those who fit into Youth-sized t-shirts. We are looking to build connections with anyone around the ages of 12-24 who has a voice that needs to be heard.
Some of the ideas that will be implemented in the coming years include:
- Launching a Hub where young people can go to hang out for fun, book group meetings, and get information on City news, job postings, and more
- Increasing jobs for youth and students in the City of Victoria corporation
- Partnering with schools to include hands-on education about local government involvement, through workshops and field-trips
Go to Top