Annual Grants to Support Neighbourhood Enhancements due May 1
April 22, 2013
The City of Victoria's annual Neighbourhood Development and Community Art grants support local neighbourhoods in creating projects designed to enhance the community. Victoria neighbourhood associations, community and seniors centres, and arts and cultural non-profit organizations are eligible to apply. The City accepts applications until May 1 annually.
Neighbourhood Development grants include:
- Neighbourhood Greenways grant: Supports and enhances greenways – pathways for cyclists and/or pedestrians in Victoria neighbourhoods.
- Neighbourhood Enhancement Matching grant: Enables community organizations to create projects that enhance their neighbourhoods. The applicant matches 50% of the requested grant, which can include donated materials, funds or volunteer labour.
- Shape Your Future Victoria Matching grant: Provides opportunities for groups of neighbours or residents to come together to create innovative improvement projects based on themes in Victoria's Official Community Plan (e.g., community well-being, transportation, arts and culture and food systems). Groups match 50% of this grant.
For Neighbourhood Development grant applications and guidelines, click here.
Community Art grants include:
- Artist-in-Residence grant: Places a professional artist in a community to encourage creative collaboration to develop a new artwork which can be literary, multi-media, celebration, visual or performance based.
- Community Art grant: Enables neighbourhoods to work with a professional artist to create community art projects such as murals or mosaics.
For Community Art grant applications and guidelines, click here.Go to Top