Attend a Demonstration to Learn How VicMap Can Work for You
July 2, 2013
Come to City Hall on Wednesday, July 24 for a demonstration of VicMap, the City of Victoria's new interactive online map, and learn how it can work for you.
What: VicMap Public Demonstration and Q&A
Where: Antechamber, City Hall, 1 Centennial Square
When: Wednesday, July 24 at 2 p.m.
VicMap provides real information you can use in personal and business decision-making.
- Realtors – provide your clients with detailed property reports, including previous years' property taxes, using your mobile device
- Commuters – map out bus stop locations, future transit plans, parking information including the location of parkades and areas with parking restrictions, bike lanes and paths
- Parents – locate parks with specific amenities (i.e. parks with both playground and washroom facilities), map neighbourhoods with schools, libraries and other services
- Developers and builders – find data on specific properties, including zoning, current development applications and Official Community Plan data
- Business owners – identify sign permit zones, heritage designated buildings, and other data relevant to your current or potential business location
- Residents and community associations – view proposed capital projects or properties in your neighbourhood that have pending applications, including rezoning and development
- Visitors – find public art, heritage walking tours and public web cams
The VicMap demonstration will include a time for Q&A to address specific questions and areas of interest. No RSVP is needed for this event.
Go to Top