Interactive VicMap Launched
June 24, 2013
VicMap is the City's new interactive, multi-layered online map.
Realtors, developers, homeowners (current and potential), surveyors, students, visitors, and commuters are among the many user groups that will find the various layers of VicMap helpful for personal and business decision-making, as well as collecting data, conducting research and creating apps.
VicMap gives users access to a wide range of information and mapping data, including, but not limited to:
- Property reports and associated data such as zoning, current development applications, previous years' taxes, and Official Community Plan data
- Underground utilities and other City infrastructure
- Schools and other civic facilities
- Parks and amenities, greenways, natural areas
- Bike routes and paths, bus stop locations and future transit plans
- Parking information including metered and non-metered spaces, pay stations, parking lots and parkades, parking restrictions, and bike racks
- Capital projects, heritage walking tours, sensitive ecosystems, public art and more
The map has a variety of search capabilities including by address, intersection, parcel identification, park or neighbourhood. Users can add text, lines and shapes to maps to print or share with others, or add their own data to create custom maps. It is a powerful visual tool that can display areas and items of interest, and be overlaid with high resolution aerial images. A detailed property report on any City property or parcel can be generated and printed.
VicMap also enables citizens and businesses to directly download reports and raw data sets from the map. This is a significant addition to the City's Open Data page launched earlier this year, containing a variety of data and mapping files.
A demonstration for potential users to learn more about its functionality will be held at City Hall in the Antechamber on Wednesday, July 24 at 2 p.m.Go to Top