Board of Variance - Call for Applications
May 15, 2015
The City is seeking qualified applicants with experience in adjudication, land use planning, law, or engineering to fill three positions on the Board. Each position is for a three year term starting on July 1, 2015 and ending on June 30, 2018. The following skills and abilities will be considered when Council assesses applications for membership on the Board:
- Ability to read architectural plans and documents, and mentally visualize the proposal being submitted for review.
- Basic understanding of the Zoning Regulation Bylaw of the City of Victoria.
There is a significant time commitment associated with membership on the Board. Members must attend twenty-two meetings a year at noon for a portion of the afternoon (12:00 p.m. to approximately 2:30 p.m.), and occasionally meetings for a larger portion of the afternoon. Members must also have the ability and time to examine each site involved in an appeal during the five days prior to the meeting.
Please complete and submit an application form (available here [PDF - 75 KB]) in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Applications must be received by June 1, 2015. Completed, signed applications can be submitted:
- in person to the Legislative Services office on the first floor of City Hall
- by mail to Corporate Administrator, City of Victoria, 1 Centennial Square, Victoria, BC, V8W 1P6
- by email to email@example.com
- by fax to 250.361.0348
You may attach additional documentation if required. For further information email: JSchmidt@victoria.ca.Go to Top