Ryder Hesjedal's Tour de Victoria Takes to the Streets on Sunday, August 23
August 14, 2015
Ryder Hesjedal’s Tour de Victoria is a supported mass-participation cycling event on Sunday, August 23, where riders of all fitness levels can take part in the ride by choosing one of three distances in and around Greater Victoria:
- Harbour Air Epic – 140km for the experienced cyclist
- Legend – 85km for the cycling enthusiast
- Challenge – 45km for the entry-level cyclist
Ryder Hesjedal’s Tour de Victoria is produced by the Ryder’s Cycling Society of Canada, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and supporting cycling across the country.
For detailed information, visit Tour de Victoria.
What You Need to Know:
Road Closures for Sunday, August 23, 2015:
- 4 a.m. - 6 p.m. Belleville Street between Government Street and the Coho Ferry Driveway, and Menzies Street from Belleville Street to Quebec Street
- 6:30 a.m. - 7:15 a.m. Government Street between Belleville Street and Gorge Road
- 10:30 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. Belleville Street between Coho Ferry Driveway and Pendray Street. Government Street will re-open after riders have left the area (approximately 7:15 a.m.).
- Belleville Street is expected to re-open no later than 6 p.m.
- Road closure signage will be posted for businesses and residents
- Police will direct traffic where necessary
Detailed information regarding the race route is available here.
Go to Top