Have Your Say about 'Growing' Food Production in the City
July 15, 2015
Have Your Say!
Share your ideas about urban gardening and food production in the City of Victoria.
Join us at a Farmers' Market this summer:
Look for the 'Growing in the City' booth. Help us map out what is already growing in the City and share your thoughts about how we can enhance our local food system.
- Saturday, July 25, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Moss Street Market
- Wednesday, July 29, 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m., Oaklands Community Market
Learn more and complete one of two surveys here.
Tweet your ideas to: #growinginthecity
Please share your ideas before August 4, 2015. Thank you!
The 'Growing in the City' initiative is all about enhancing our local, urban food systems:
It’s about finding ways to connect more people with space to grow more food, on public and private land.
It’s about finding ways to encourage small-scale urban agriculture and to begin thinking differently about how we manage some of our City-owned land, so we can work together to build the skills, knowledge and resources needed to produce more food in our beautiful and already delicious City.
The ‘Growing in the City’ initiative will result in:
- An inventory of City-owned land for food production,
- An updated Community Gardens Policy for public and private land,
- Guidelines for food bearing trees on City-owned lands,
- Voluntary guidelines for food production in multi-unit, mixed use developments and other types of housing,
- Recommendations on how to encourage small scale urban agriculture and
- A final set of Boulevard Gardening Guidelines.
Learn more here.Go to Top