Rogers Hometown Hockey: Next Stop Ship Point
February 25, 2016
The next stop for the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is Victoria! The two-day hockey celebration will take place at Ship Point on Saturday, February 27, from noon to 6 p.m. and on Sunday, February 28, starting at 11 a.m. The event will culminate with an outdoor viewing party of the Vancouver Canucks and San Jose Sharks game on the big screen. Enjoy live local entertainment, food trucks, games and activities for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Share Everything Zone where fans can engage in unique interactive experiences, including virtual autographs with NHL players
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room featuring meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 years and under
- The Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge as well as a chance to win a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and $5,000 for a local minor hockey association
- Samsung’s NHL Situation Room where fans can test their skills against a series of hockey plays, just like NHL officials in the interactive studio
- Sportsnet Be a Broadcaster lets fans call an NHL game highlight reel alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
- The PlayStation Gaming Zone where fans try some of the latest PlayStation®4 games from family fun to sports gaming favourites
- McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, personalized hockey cards, as well as free McCafé® brewed coffee on site
- The Lodge featuring a warm cozy place to enjoy a free hot chocolate inside a warming lounge
The festival will also feature appearances by former Canuck and hometown hero Geoff Courtnall, Olympic triathlon gold medallist and Victoria resident Simon Whitfield, as well as Olympic rowing gold medallist Adam Kreek.
On Sunday, February 28, a special pre-game show hosted live on site by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio begins at 3:30 p.m. with co-host Tara Slone, followed by the game at 4 p.m.
Free admission. Rain or Shine.
Learn more about Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour.
Go to Top