My Great Neighbourhood Grants – Spring Intake Now Open
March 1, 2018
The My Great Neighbourhood Grant program was created to help residents of Victoria animate public space, develop and enhance a sense of community and leave a positive legacy in our neighbourhoods.
The 2018 Spring Intake period is now open. Please submit your application before April 15, 2018.
What qualifies as a good project for this grant program?
- Projects that are initiated and implemented by local residents.
- Projects that help animate community spaces.
- Ideas to create gathering spots or provide activities that bring people together.
- Projects that contribute to neighbourhood pride and enhance quality of life.
- Ideas that promote community development and community programming
- Could serve as a neighbourhood improvement campaign
- Can be a pilot project
- Must be completed within one year upon receiving funding.
The City will fund up to $5,000 to match the equivalent contribution the neighbourhood makes, which can be a combination of volunteer labour, donated services, donated materials and other funds raised. Eligible applications include not-for-profit organizations, schools and community centres. Ad hoc groups of residents are also eligible for the grant but need a sponsor non-profit organization.
Interested in learning more?
Join us for the My Great Neighbourhood Block Party on March 14! Learn about local projects that received funding through these grants last year and get tips on how to submit an application for your idea!
Learn more about the application process here.Go to Top