All significant purchasing for the City is done by the City's Supply Management Services Division.
When looking to sell your product or service to the City, make your first call here. All potential suppliers are encouraged to register their firms with the City's bid and tender platform Bonfire. See the "Bid Opportunity" link above to create an account.
We purchase materials, supplies, equipment, rentals and services, when required, by the various City departments, as economically as possible with due regard for price, availability, quality and service, so as to provide the best value. This is accomplished by standardization and competitive bidding on the basis of adequate specifications whenever possible.
Tenders, Request for Proposals, and Request for Offers covering City contracts are advertised on the City's website as per City Purchasing Policy. When they are, look for them on our website above under Bid Opportunities.
Interested suppliers should:
- Be sure your tender/proposal/offer is submitted to the Supply Management office before the stated closing time, or it will be returned unopened.
- Be sure to read the documents thoroughly and comply with all the instructions and conditions. We do not want to be in a position of having to reject your offer for non-compliance.
- Contractors will be asked to submit Insurance and WorkSafe BC Requirements prior to commencement of any work for the City.
APPROVED PRODUCT INFORMATION
The City of Victoria is committed to ensuring that the citizens of Victoria are supplied with goods and materials which adhere to the highest standards, as well as ensuring long-term value. In order to accomplish these goals, the Engineering & Public Works Department has developed, and maintains, an Approved Products List (APL) and a set of guidelines for suppliers wishing to submit products for evaluation by the City of Victoria in the following specific areas:
- Sanitary Sewer, Storm Drain and Watermain Construction products
- Road Construction products
- Traffic Control Systems products
- Street Lighting products
- Approved Product List
- Product Approval Guidelines
- Product Approval Process
- Product Approval Application