Thank you for considering doing business with the City of Victoria.
New BID Opportunities
Selling to the City
All significant purchasing for the City is done by the City's Supply Management Services Division.When looking to sell your product or service to the City, make your first call here. All new suppliers are encouraged to register their firms with the City's Bid Information Distribution System (B.I.D.S).
We purchase materials, supplies, equipment, rentals and services, when required, by the various City departments, as economically as possible with due regard for price, availability, quality and service, so as to provide the best value. This is accomplished by standardization and competitive bidding on the basis of adequate specifications whenever possible.
Tenders, Request for Proposals, and Request for Offers covering City contracts are advertised on the City's website as per City Purchasing Policy. When they are, look for them in the local newspaper (Times Colonist legal section), or here on our website above under Bid Opportunities.
Interested suppliers should:
- Be sure your tender/proposal/offer is submitted to the Supply Management office before the stated closing time, or it will be returned unopened.
- Be sure to read the documents thoroughly and comply with all the instructions and conditions. We do not want to be in a position of having to reject your offer for non-compliance.
- Contractors will be asked to submit Insurance and WorkSafe BC Requirements prior to commencement of any work for the City.
APPROVED PRODUCT INFORMATION
The City of Victoria is committed to ensuring that the citizens of Victoria are supplied with goods and materials which adhere to the highest standards, as well as ensuring long-term value. In order to accomplish these goals, the Engineering & Public Works Department has developed, and maintains, an Approved Products List (APL) and a set of guidelines for suppliers wishing to submit products for evaluation by the City of Victoria in the following specific areas:
- Sanitary Sewer, Storm Drain and Watermain Construction products
- Road Construction products
- Traffic Control Systems products
- Street Lighting products
- Approved Product List
- Product Approval Guidelines
- Product Approval Process
- Product Approval Application
Purchasing Policies and FormsIf you are considering doing business with the City of Victoria please review the following links.
- Purchasing Policy
- Prime Contractors Forms, Appendices A to D
- Insurance and Worksafe BC Requirements
- eCommerce Direct Deposit Payments
- Payment Information Form
- The City is committed to our vendors and is encouraging Electronic Transactions to support action taken in response to COVID-19. The City encourages vendors not yet being paid electronically to take this opportunity to enroll in our eCommerce Direct Deposit Payments program.
COVID 19 Procurement Info
- Closed Competitions: Note that competitions that have closed are still being evaluated and policy will determine when they will be awarded. The City will work directly with successful consultants/contractors to adjust to any possible delays or other changes that are as a result of the current situation.
- Current Competitions: Will remain posted. Any changes such as cancellations or extensions, will be communicated via Addendum to registered bidders.
- New Competitions: At this time, the City continues to operate and post new competitions as normal.
- The City is committed to our vendors and is encouraging Electronic Transactions to support action taken in response to COVID-19. The City encourages vendors not yet being paid electronically to take this opportunity to enroll in our eCommerce Direct Deposit Payments program. See Purchasing Policies and Forms above to complete the required form.
How do I set up a Bonfire account?
To set up a Bonfire account, you must launch Bonfire. Select the option to Log In / Register (top right) and select new vendor registration and fill in the blanks. You will receive confirmation email, which once confirmed, you will be able to continue your vendor profile.