Green Business Programs
Are you looking to make your business more sustainable?
- Solar CRD - Would you like to reduce your energy bills and produce your own renewable energy?
The Solar CRD program is offering first-come first-serve incentives to businesses and homeowners that want to switch to solar hot water systems. Residential or commercial properties that have a high volume of hot water use, would see a faster payback and higher return on investment from this program. Multi-unit residential properties, motels, hotels, restaurants and laundromats are some examples that could be a good fit for solar thermal. Single-family residential properties can also apply. Incentives offer up to 33% of the total costs to help pay for the purchase and installation of solar hot water system.
- BC Hydro Green Business Programs:
- New Construction Program - Incentives and resources for desigining and building energy efficient buildings.
- Retrofit Product Incentive Program - Incentives that will help your existing building become more energy efficient.
- Power Smart Partner Program - If you spend more than $250,000 each year on electricity, this program is for you
- FortisBC Energy Efficiency Programs: FortisBC offers rebates and incentives on high-efficiency natural gas equipment and conservation education to help commercial customers save energy and money. Programs are available for small, medium and large-sized commercial FortisBC customers.
- Efficient Boiler Program – up to $60,000 rebate on eligible high efficiency model
- Efficient Commercial Water Heater Program – Up to $15,000 on qualifying water heaters
- Energy Assessment Program – Free assessment for qualifying businesses
- Efficiency à la Carte - Foodservice Incentive Program – up to $3,500 per appliance when installing high-efficiency cooking equipment
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations- Eight electric vehicle charging stations are now available in City parkades. Learn more here.
- Vancouver Island Green Business Collective- Affordable program providing businesses with practical solutions to reduce their environmental impact and identify cost-saving opportunities
- Synergy Foundation - Offering green business, circular economy, and urban agriculture consulting