Book an Event at City Hall
City Hall is a unique heritage building in downtown Victoria.
It is a resource for citizens to access information and services, and members of the public can book spaces in City Hall for meetings and events.
Some types of events suitable for City Hall include community group meetings, non-profit events, workshops, weddings, and arts and culture related events. Commercial activities, registered political parties, or public rallies are not permitted to rent space inside City Hall.
A fee of $150 will be charged for private weddings. All other events will be charged on a cost-recovery basis only, which can include staffing costs for events taking place outside of normal operating hours. However, no room rental fees will apply.
Spaces for rent
- Antechamber: Seats up to 75 theatre style and 56 with round tables. A projector and screen are available. Other room setups are available.
- Songhees Nation Meeting Room: Seats up to 16 at a boardroom table, with room for an additional 15 chairs at the end of the room.
- Esquimalt Nation Meeting Room: Seats up to 10 at a boardroom table.
All bookings are subject to availability. Please note Thursdays are generally not available due to Committee of the Whole and Council meetings.
How to book City Hall
If you are interested in booking a space in City Hall, please:
- Review the policy and guidelines below
- Check for availability by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secure your spot by sending your completed rental application form to email@example.com
- City Hall Public Use Policy [PDF - 114 KB]
- City Hall Public Use Guidelines [PDF - 51 KB]
- Rental Application Form [PDF - 55 KB]