Childminding at Council Meetings
The City offers childminding services during Council meetings to help more people participate in local government.
Drop off your children, ages six months and older, for two hours of child care so you can attend Council meetings! Program leaders will provide a safe and fun environment for children to play games, interact with one another and build crafts.
Things to Know:
- Council meetings are, generally, the second and fourth Thursday evening of each month.
- Parents can only drop their child(ren) off for a maximum of two hours.*
- Parents requiring care for children with special needs must contact childminding staff in advance to make adequate arrangements.
- Parents must remain on-site and immediately accessible at all times
- Childminding will take place in the City Hall Mezzanine Room (Mezzanine Floor)
- Spaces are limited; Service is drop-in and on a first come first-served basis
- Pre-registration is not required
- There is no cost
*The two hour maximum is connected to the licensing under which the childminding service can operate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where is child-minding located in City Hall?
A: On the Mezzanine floor accessible via elevator or stairway which is across from Public Service Counter.
Q: Is there a sign in and sign out process?
A: Yes, we will collect basic information about your child upon sign-in and require you to sign-out your child before leaving with them.
Q: How long can I leave my child at child-minding?
A: We can provide care for a maximum of 2 hours from the time you sign-in your child.
Q: What is the staff to child ratio?
A: 1:2 for the 6-12 month olds; 1:4 for the 1-3 year olds; 1:8 for 3-12 year olds
Q: What type of training and certification do child-minding staff have?
A: Our experienced Child Care staff have the following certifications and training:
- Standard First-Aid and CPR C
- Training in Child Protection Policies
- Criminal Record Clearance
Q: What happens if there is an emergency involving my child?
A: The City has procedures in place in case of natural disasters, first-aid emergencies, and lost children. Staff will follow these procedures and connect with parents as soon as possible.
Upcoming Council Meetings:
Thursday, September 5
Thursday, September 12 (Special Council Meeting)
Thursday, September 19
Thursday, October 3 (Special Council Meeting)
Thursday, October 10
Thursday, October 24
Thursday, November 14
Thursday, November 28
Thursday, December 12
Go to Top