The City's annual budget looks to adapt to change and balance competing priorities, while continuing to provide high-quality services our citizens have come to expect.
Every year, Council sets service levels and allocates funding to:
- deliver the City’s 200+ programs and services
- invest in infrastructure upgrades
- achieve the actions in the City’s Strategic Plan
Your City Budget.
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the 2021 Draft Budget.
Public input on the 2021 Draft Budget was presented to Council for consideration at the Special Committee of the Whole Meetings on Monday, January 18 and on Monday, January 25. A public input summary is available at these two links. The 2021 Draft Budget was also considered at the Council meeting that follows Committee of the Whole on Thursday, January 28.
Budget 2021 will be finalized at the end of April after BC Assessment finalizes its property assessments for the year.
Over a five-week period (December 7, 2020 to January 13, 2021), the community was invited to provide feedback on the 2021 Draft Budget in the following ways:
- Virtual Budget Town Hall on January 13 at 6:30 p.m. (Watch the archived webcast.)
- Online Survey until January 10
- Emailing email@example.com until January 10
- Youth Speak: Budget 2021, a virtual event aligned with the Town Hall
As presented in the proposed Draft Financial Plan, the 2021 operating budget totals $255.9 million and the capital budget totals $52.9 million. Council has provided direction to add an additional $3 million back into the capital budget. Projects are still to be determined.
- Read what's proposed in the 2021 Draft Financial Plan [PDF - 13 MB].
- Only have time for a quick read? Check out the Budget Summary [PDF - 453 KB].
- View the accessible version [PDF - 124 KB].
What Your City Budget Means to You
Watch this video to see how your City budget benefits you and your family.
The 2021 Draft Financial Plan [PDF - 13 MB] was introduced to City Council at the November 5, 2020 Committee of the Whole meeting.
City staff presented department budgets at three Special Committee of the Whole meetings in November which were webcast live and archived:Go to Top