The City's annual budget looks to adapt to change and balance competing priorities, while continuing to provide high-quality services our residents have come to expect.
Every year, Council sets service levels and allocates funding to:
- deliver the City’s 200+ programs and services
- invest in infrastructure upgrades
- achieve the actions in the City’s Strategic Plan
Your City Budget
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the 2022 Draft Budget through our online survey, email, the Virtual Budget Town Hall and Youth Speak: Budget 2022.
Public input was included in an information package that was presented to City Council at the December 9 Committee of the Whole Meeting.
Council's budget discussions were informed by community input. Tune in to the archived webcasts:
- Monday, January 10, 2022 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Friday, January 14 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, January 17 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Thursday, January 20 at 9 a.m.
- Monday, January 24 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, January 31 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, February 3 at 9 a.m.
What You Need to Know
The City’s third budget during the COVID-19 pandemic proposes to invest $264.7 million in operating and $97.1 million in capital improvements to deliver more than 200 services and programs that the community depends on.
- Read what's proposed in the 2022 Draft Financial Plan [PDF - 16 MB]
- Only have time for a quick read? Check out the Budget Summary [PDF - 437 KB]. View the accessible version [PDF - 101 KB].
- 2022 Supplementary Budget Information:
2022 Draft Financial Plan
Council reviewed and discussed the draft budget during a number of Special Committee of the Whole Budget Meetings that were livestreamed. You can watch the archived meetings below.
- Monday, October 25 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 26 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, November 1 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 2 from 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Remaining Budget Motions were discussed during the Thursday, November 4 Committee of the Whole Meeting.
A City at Work
This video highlights the many City services that the annual budget funds and the cross-collaboration among department teams that takes place.
What Your City Budget Means to You
Watch this video to see how your City budget benefits you and your family.