The City's annual budget looks to adapt to change and balance competing priorities, while continuing to provide high-quality services our citizens have come to expect.
Every year, Council sets service levels and allocates funding to:
- deliver the City’s 200+ programs and services
- invest in infrastructure upgrades
- achieve the actions in the City’s Strategic Plan
The Draft 2021 Financial Plan [PDF - 14 MB] will be introduced to City Council at the November 5, 2020 Committee of the Whole meeting.
City staff will present department budgets at three Special Comittee of the Whole meetings in November which will be webcast live and archived:
- Tuesday, November 10 from 9 a.m - 4 p.m.
- Monday, November 23 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Monday, November 30 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, budget consultation will primarily take place online and is scheduled to begin on December 3 and will continue into the New Year. More information will be coming soon.
The Virtual Budget Town Hall will take place on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., where the public can ask questions of Council online in advance and in real-time for response.
What Your City Budget Means to You
Watch this video to see how your City budget benefits you and your family.