Doing Business with City Hall

Victoria City Hall

The Public Service Counter is now open. All other departments are open to the public by appointment only

The City of Victoria is committed to keeping its facilities safe during the pandemic for visitors and staff. Starting Monday, Nov. 2, anyone entering a City building is expected to wear a face covering. This includes entering City Hall, public washrooms, and parkade elevators and indoor stairwells. We continue to clean frequently and do all we can to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Together, we can all do our part to stay safe.

The public can call 250.385.5711 for general information.


The City is working on a number of initiatives to ensure housing projects continue to move forward during the pandemic.

Development and Building Permit Applications for the City of Victoria can now be accepted online. This includes rezonings, development permits, heritage alteration permits, temporary use permits, and variance applications, as well as building, plumbing, electrical and sign permit applications.

These initiatives will not only help housing to continue to be built but will also help maintain jobs for tradespeople. City staff will continue to process applications to the Victoria Housing Reserve Fund to support affordable housing projects. The work of planning staff is vital to keeping the City’s housing action plan on track and supporting the construction sector.

Development Permit Applications

The City of Victoria has adjusted its submission processes for all Development and Building Permit Applications.

Rezoning, development permit, heritage alteration permit, temporary use permit, and variance applications can now be submitted by email to (as attachments or by providing a download link)

General inquiries or questions about the digital submission process can be sent by email to or by phone to 250.361.0382.  

View our Planning Department contacts.

Learn more.

Building Permit Applications

Building, plumbing and sign permit applications can now be submitted by email to, or respectively (as attachments or by providing a download link). Electrical permits can be applied for online through MyCity Online.

General inquiries or questions about the digital submission process can be sent by email to or by phone to 250.361.0344.

View our Building and Inspections contacts.

Learn more