Looking for more information about a current initiative? These resources will provide background information to help answer any questions you may have. Click here to have your say on current and upcoming projects, and learn more about upcoming events where you can connect with us and provide feedback.
Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project: The Crystal Pool and Wellness Centre Replacement Project is in the phase of design refinement. The feedback that we have heard from the community, along with best practices and trends in aquatic and recreation centre design, has advanced the building and site design towards construction ready documents. Read more about the latest here.
- Laurel Point Park Remediation: Learn about how the City of Victoria is partnering with Transport Canada to improve the environmental health of Laurel Point. Read more here.
Topaz Park: Proposed Park Improvement Plan: In 2017-2018, the City worked with the community to create an improvement plan for Topaz. This long-term plan will guide improvements to Topaz Park over the next 10 years, including renovating existing park infrastructure, adding new types of amenities, and updating the park to support broad community use. The Topaz Park Improvement Plan was approved by Council in June 2018. Read more here.
Short Term Rentals: Victoria is changing the way short term rentals are regulated in the City.
- Off-Street Parking Review: The City is reviewing the Off-Street Parking regulations for vehicles and bicycles in order to support and encourage development, investment and affordable housing
- New Active Transportation Network: A 30 km network of protected bike lanes is currently being planned for Victoria. The proposed network will be within 400 metres of every school and half of all Victoria residences. Protected bike lanes on Pandora Avenue and Fort Street are NOW OPEN!
Housing Strategy: Victoria is committed to improving housing affordability in the City. The Victoria Housing Strategy contains 26 ambitious actions the City will be taking to do this.
- Centennial Square Action Plan: The square has been identified as a priority public space for improvement.
Johnson Street Bridge Replacement Project: The new bridge opened to the public on March 31, 2018.
- Neighbourhood Plans: New neighbourhood plans are being created with the community. Citizens, community groups, neighbourhood associations, and businesses are encouraged to collaborate to help shape the plans for their neighbourhoods.
- Ship Point Master Plan: The Ship Point Concept Design was reviewed by the community in August and approved by Council in September. Staff are currently developing a detailed design concept, implementation approach and funding strategy.
- Participatory Budgeting: Participatory Budgeting is an approach to city budgeting that is picking up momentum in cities around the gobe. This is a community-led and designed process where residents determine how to allocate a portion of a City budget. Victoria has recently completed our first participatory budgeting process.
Go to Top