Local Government Election
Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
On Saturday, October 15, 2022, voters in the City of Victoria will vote to elect:
- 1 Mayor
- 8 Councillors
- 9 School Trustees (School District 61)
Information for Candidates
The nomination period for the 2022 Local Government Election will open on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 at 9 a.m. and will close on Friday, September 9, 2022 at 4 p.m.
Candidate Nomination Forms will be available at City Hall in Legislative Services in late July/early August.
Who Can Vote?
To vote in the City of Victoria election, you must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen
- Be 18 years of age or older on the day of registration or 18 years of age or older on general voting day
- Be a resident of the City of Victoria on the day of registration
- Have been a resident of British Columbia for at least six months before the day of registration
- Be a qualified property elector (non-resident property owner)
- Not be disqualified from voting in an election
Register to Vote
The City of Victoria uses the most current available provincial list of voters prepared by Elections BC. If you were listed on the Provincial Voters List, you should be on the City's List of Electors.
Registering in advance makes the voting process faster and easier. Register to vote in advance at Elections BC.
New for 2022
- New residents no longer need to reside in the City of Victoria for at least 30 days to register to vote.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can pre-register by adding your name to the Future Voters List.
- Elector organizations must register with Elections BC and there are some new rules for candidates. Learn more.
Voter Residency Requirements
The Greater Victoria area is made up of many municipalities, so you may be unsure whether you are a City of Victoria resident or resident of another municipality. Only City of Victoria residents and non-resident property owners are eligible to vote in the 2022 City of Victoria local government election.
Information about advance voting opportunities and ways to vote will be available at a later date.
Have questions? Email email@example.comGo to Top