Local Government Election
Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
On Saturday, October 15, 2022, voters in the City of Victoria will vote to elect for a four-year term:
- 1 Mayor
- 8 Councillors
- 9 School Trustees (School District 61)
- 3 CRD Directors
Information for Candidates
Nomination packages for Mayor and Council are now available. Learn more.
The period to file nomination documents at City Hall is from 9 a.m. on Tuesday, August 30, 2022 until 4 p.m. on Friday, September 9, 2022.
Who Can Vote?
To vote in the City of Victoria election, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older on General Voting Day for the election
- Be a Canadian Citizen
- Be a resident of British Columbia for at least six months before the day of registration
- Be a resident of the City of Victoria, or
- Be a qualified property elector (non-resident property owner)
- Not be disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment
New for 2022
- New residents no longer need to reside in the City of Victoria for at least 30 days to register to vote.
- If you are 16 or 17 years old, you can pre-register by adding your name to the Future Voters List.
- Elector organizations must register with Elections BC and there are some new rules for candidates. Learn more.
Interested in working the 2022 Victoria Election? We're hiring 300 people for a variety of roles on advance voting days and on election day. Learn more!
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.orgGo to Top