Councillor Jeremy Loveday
1 Centennial Square
Victoria, BC V8W 1P6
- North Park Neighbourhood Association (January 2015 to December 31, 2016)
- Victoria West Community Association (January 2015 to December 31, 2016)
Regional Service and Civic Committees
- Capital Regional District (CRD) Board 1st Alternate - January 2015 to December 31, 2018
- CRD Water Supply Commission - January 2015 to December 31, 2018
- City of Victoria Youth Council - January 2015 to December 31, 2016
First elected in 2014 and re-elected in 2018, Jeremy is passionate about making Victoria more affordable, sustainable, and vibrant. He is drawn to local politics because of the concrete nature of the decisions that need to be made and a deep love for the City of Victoria. So far, he has found each day as a Councilor challenging and rewarding. He is driven by the belief that Victoria can be one of the greatest small cities in the world and that our residents have the ideas, drive, creativity, and passion to make it happen.
Jeremy is perhaps most well known for using his award winning spoken word poetry to speak out about important issues. In 2014, he made headlines around the world when one of his videos advocating against gender violence went viral online. He is the Founder and Director of Victorious Voices Youth Arts Festival and was the champion of the City of Victoria’s Youth Poet Laureate Program; the first of its kind in Canada.
Jeremy is action oriented and leads collaboratively. You can often find him riding his bicycle, working with youth, or meeting with residents in local coffee shops. Jeremy grew up in James Bay, currently resides in Fernwood, and holds a degree from Concordia University in Montreal.
Want another view of how Jeremy views Victoria? Check out this video: https://vimeo.com/121326803Go to Top