Councillor Margaret Lucas
c/o 1 Centennial Square
Victoria, BC V8W 1P6
- Downtown Residents Association, including Harris Green - Shared appointment with Councillor Thornton-Joe (January 2015 to December 31, 2016)
- James Bay Neighbourhood Association
Regional Service and Civic Committees
- Capital Region Emergency Service Telecommunications (CREST) Inc. - January to December 2015
- Capital Regional District (CRD) Board 5th Alternate - January 2015 to December 31, 2018
- Greater Victoria Airport Authority - Airport Consultative Committee - January 2015 to December 31, 2016
- Greater Victoria Harbour Authority Member Representative - January 2015 to December 31, 2016
- Tourism Victoria Board of Directors - January to December 2015
- Victoria Civic Heritage Trust - January 2015 to December 31, 2016
- Victoria Conference Centre Advisory Committee - January 2015 to December 31, 2016
Margaret Lucas has been a resident of Greater Victoria for over 35 years. She is married, has four grown children and two grandchildren. She has been an executive leader in the Tourism and Retail Industry for over 25 years.
In 2003, she deployed her visionary business plan and worked tirelessly to lead the transformation of the Hotel Douglas to the Hotel Rialto. The Hotel Rialto now contributes to the appeal and allure of downtown Victoria and will do so for years to come.
Margaret cares deeply about her community, is not afraid to get involved and brings her strong business acumen and understanding of regional perspectives to her role on city council. Extensive board committee work has impressed upon her the importance of working as a team. She has a proven track record as the person to whom difficult and unconventional projects and negotiations are assigned. She is valued for her tireless work ethic and sage counsel.
Margaret’s hard work and community spirit earned her the “Greater Victoria Chamber of Commerce 2009 Business Person of the Year” and the “University of Victoria 2012 Distinguished Alumni” awards.
A highlight for Margaret has been the invitation to join the International Women’s Forum (Vancouver). The International Women’s Forum (IWF) promotes women in leadership by providing a platform for female leaders to meet peers in other countries as well as in their own locations. IWF is an organization which allows women leaders to network globally across borders, across cultures and across the world.Go to Top